Thursday, June 16, 2011

No Games. Just Sports.

I went to physical therapy today and was given homework for the next two weeks. Who would have thought lifting your leg would be so hard?? The therapist said I could run as long as I did my exercises, so I headed out.

I didn't want to over do it so I kept it short. I only went 2.45 miles tonight. The hills killed me Chicago so I headed over to Dawes to go over the hills. There will be some long down hills, the some small up hills then flat, then up hill again. It is a nice run.

One of my newer Dailymile friends would call this run "getting the mad out". This wasn't an angry run, but more of a "figuring it all out" run. So much is going on right now with work, relationships, running, and my car ( I have a nice new dent thanks to the massive piece of wood someone ran over and politely placed in my hood). I just needed to get away and run.

I didn't solve the worlds problems - heck I am still working on solving mine. But it was nice to just be out there in nature, alone, just me and the road. As I was running, and thinking about everything, I remembered a fictitious Nike commercial from the movie "What Woman Want". The commercial says it all. The road doesn't care how you look, if your are funny or not, how old you are or how much you make. It's just you and the road. Here is the link so you can watch the commercial for yourself.

To all of my running friends, if you ever need to talk to someone, the road is there and so are all of your running friends - no matter where we are located.

1 comment:

  1. So nice to have the roads to pound on when we need to -- to get the mad out, to figure things out. Sometimes, a run is just the escape we need. Glad it was a good one for you.

    ReplyDelete